Nevsky prospect in St. Petersburg – one of the earliest and most famous street in the Northern capital. Its length is 4.5 km, the maximum width is 60 m at the arcade. the lowest 25 m Sink. This is one of 3 streets-rays radiating from the Admiralty .
The history of Nevsky prospect
The need for the construction of the road occurred shortly after the founding of the city to connect the industrial center of the city – Admiralty. with the Alexander Nevsky Lavra. on whose behalf and was named the Avenue. The construction was carried out with 2 sides and just connect the two clearing failed. This explains the kink of the street near the present-day Vosstaniya Square. The construction was completed in 1720. Later, trying to straighten the road on the section from Ploschad Vosstaniya to the Alexander Nevsky monastery. began to build a New Nevsky prospect . So there was the street Trolly and Pottery. And the area after the area of the Rebellion still popularly called Old Nevsky . The road becomes stone, planted rows of birch trees on each side, installed oil, and then gas and electric lights. Intensive construction is taking place. Continue reading